“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.”
1. Crisis of circumstances doesn’t have to be a crisis of faith.
Drought can come even in a time of obedience. John 16:33, Heb. 11:1
FAITH When there is crisis - Faith shows up!
2. Where you are planted determines your sustainability.
You can’t ignore God and expect to flourish in the drought. Prov. 3:5-6
Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.
3. Drought reveals how much work has already been done.
In God’s will - there is always peace.
We need to prepare before the crisis comes.
There is always water, it depends how deep you’re willing to go.
Connect Group Discussion Questions
1. In crisis, do you respond calmly, or do you get panicked? Why do you think that is?
2. Do you feel like you are “planted by a stream?” Do you find it easy to spend time with God every day (prayer and scripture)?